Terms & Conditions
This document describes the terms and conditions of your use, as a Client, of the services we provide under the domain www.epc4less.com (the Website). By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by this agreement. These terms and conditions are the terms and conditions upon which epc4less makes the website www.epc4less.com referred to as the “website” available to you and any services which are accessible via the website.
USE OF WEBSITE
1. epc4less grants you a limited access of the website in order to view our products and services. You are not permitted to modify the website.
2. The website or any portion of the website may not be reproduced, copied, sold, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose.
3. You cannot create a link to the website without a written authorization from epc4less.
4. You cannot use any epc4less logo or other proprietary graphics of the Website.
5. If you are granted consent it will be in form of a limited, revocable right and it must not portray epc4less or its products in a false, misleading or otherwise offensive manner or claim any association with epc4less.
6. We reserve the right to refuse access to the website.
7. We will do our outmost to ensure that availability of the website will be uninterrupted, however, this can not be guaranteed at all time.
1. We must receive payment in full for the price of the service before your EPC is delivered. We will confirm that your payment has been received by sending an email to you at the email address you provided in your order form.
2. We will aim to contact you within 48 hours of receipt of payment using at the telephone number you provided in your order form to arrange a visit to the property at a suitable time.
3. epc4less do not send receipts or booking confirmations by post. You must use the electronic receipt of payment as the only means of receipt of payment.
4. You can request to reschedule your survey online at www.epc4less.com under Contact Us. A minimum notice of 24 hours is required to reschedule a survey.
5. A fee of £20 maybe applicable for rescheduling a survey.
6. If the notice is less than 24 hours we may not be able to reschedule a survey and we may not be able to provide a refund of fees.
7. If your order is registered under an incorrect price, your survey maybe cancelled or an additional fee maybe due. The energy performance certificate will not be delivered to you until the additional payment is made.
DELIVERY AND PERFORMANCE
1. At the time agreed an energy surveyor (the “Assessor”) will visit your property to carry out a visual inspection of the property (the “Survey”).
2. The Survey will be limited to a visual inspection of the property during which the Assessor will take note of certain aspects of the property related to energy performance.
3. The Assessor will use these notes and will input them in special software that will produce the Energy Performance Certificate (the “Certificate”).
WHAT THE ASSESSOR WILL AND WILL NOT DO. WHAT THE SURVEY WILL AND WILL NOT SHOW
4. The Assessor will not attempt to enter parts of the property where access is not provided, such as sealed lofts and locked rooms.
5. The Assessor will not express an opinion about or advise upon the condition of uninspected parts or issues not related to the energy performance of the property.
6. The Assessor will not undertake any tests of the drains, heating, electrical or gas installations, domestic appliances or any other services.
7. The Assessor will not arrange for any investigation to be carried out to determine whether or not any hazardous material has been used in the construction of the property. The Assessor will be unable to report that the property is free from risk in this respect.
8. The Assessor will not carry out a building survey, valuation survey, environmental, geographical or any other survey apart of the energy performance survey.
9. The Assessor will not give any assurance that there are no underground mineral works within the site or its vicinity.
10. The Assessor will inspect and report about the energy performance aspects of the structure. The Assessor will not report or guarantee that the structure meets building regulations or the ground has sufficient load bearing strength to support the structure.
11. The Certificate will show a rating of the property’s energy performance and carbon emission which will be marked on a standard scale.
12. The Survey may show recommendations for energy performance improvement and reduction of running costs.
Certain types of properties such as places of worship, derelict properties, may be legally excluded from the requirement of an energy performance certificate.
ACCESS TO THE PROPERTY
1. You may have to ensure that access is provided to the property at the time agreed for the assessment. The Assessor may do an external survey depending on information already available about the property. Access to the property may be required at the time agreed. You will be informed if access to the property is required.
2. You may have to ensure that access is provided to all parts of the house including the loft (if existing). Failure to do so may result in poor collection of information and subsequently poor energy rating.
3. For safety reasons the Assessor will not carry out the Survey if there are certain pets, such as aggressive dogs, in the property.
4. The Assessor may not carry out the Survey if there are children in the property, unless there is an adult with them.
5. Should any of the above occurs, you will still be liable for the cost of the Survey and should you wish to re-schedule the Survey you must make a new payment.
CANCELLATION BY YOU
1. Once an order for a Survey has been processed via the Website it cannot be cancelled. The payment is non-refundable.
2. You will not be refunded if there are circumstances that prevent you from attending the property, unless a request is made from the Client to reschedule the Survey, given the notice requirements stated above.
CANCELLATION BY US
1. We reserve the right to cancel the order if:
1. we do not have enough Assessors to carry out your order;
2. the Assessors do not work in your area;
3. there is a conflict of interest
4. there is contamination in the property or health and safety considerations, such as unsafe access, presence of hazardous materials, etc.
If epc4less cancel the order epc4less will contact you by email or telephone and will either offer an alternative or re credit to your account any sum deducted by epc4less from your credit card as soon as possible. We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation.
3. We reserve the right to cancel the contract between us if the Assessor receives pressure to produce an inaccurate energy performance certificate. You can contact us to express a difference of opinion or dispute a decision using the Contact link in our website. Also, a copy of the surveyor’s Complaints Procedure will be available on request.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
Any financial or personal interest in your property or sale or rental of your property by an employee of epc4less, or contractor of epc4less will constitute a conflict of interest. We will notify you in writing or by email that such conflict of interest exists. In this case epc4less may not be able to carry out the Survey. epc4less may recommend an alternative service provider or re-credit to your account any sum deducted from your credit card.
ISSUE OF CERTIFICATE AND LIABILITY
1. We will aim to provide the Energy Performance Certificate (the “Certificate”) to you within a reasonable time, usually within 3 working days. This time can not be guaranteed. If a certificate is lost, we reserve the right to charge a fee for re-issuing a certificate or providing our services to retrieve an existing certificate.
2. The Certificate which you obtain as a result of the visit from our energy surveyor is marked on a standard scale and we are in no way liable for the grade awarded to your property in the Certificate.
3. Save as precluded by law, we will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses (including loss of profits, business or goodwill) howsoever arising out of any problem you notify to us under this condition and we shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation.
COMPLAINTS AND NOTICES
A complaint under or in connection with the service provided by epc4less should be sent to us via our “Contact” link in our website by filling and sending electronically a standard form.
Notices to us must be delivered to our email address below.
Notices to you will be posted or emailed to the address you supplied in the online order form.
A copy of the surveyor’s complaints procedure is available on request.
EVENTS BEYOND OUR CONTROL
The Company shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver services you have ordered or any delay in doing so that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our control including, without limitation, strikes and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, weather conditions, flood, fire, explosion or accident.
If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
When you place an order on www.epc4less.com the Website will record your name, postal address, email address, telephone number(s).
epc4less gather this information to allow us to process any orders you have made. The relevant information is then used by us, our agents and sub-contractors to communicate with you on any matter relating to the progress of any order and the provision of the service in general.
We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring usage of the website in order to help us develop the website and our services and may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
We may also wish to provide you with information about special offers and promotions of the website or any other service or products we think may be of interest to you. epc4less will implement the best possible security procedures in order to keep information confidential.
This agreement may be revised at any time, without notice, by displaying the revised agreement on the Website.
The contract between us shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Northern Ireland law and the courts shall have jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between us.
Return to epc4less home page.